Spring is here and so is your official invite to join us at our next Shred Event!
Date: April 29, 2023
Time: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Location: FORM Wealth Parking Lot | Lake Geneva, WI
Clean out those file cabinets...we’ll gladly do the shredding for you. Our shredding truck will be parked outside and ready to shred your unwanted papers for free. There’s no better way to make sure that the sensitive information contained in these confidential and important documents is destroyed and can’t be recovered or reconstructed.
Here’s a checklist of what to keep and what you should safely discard:
Keep 1 Year Or Less:
- Credit card statements – 1 month for reconciliation purposes
- Household bills – 1 year, unless used as support for tax deductions
- Bank statements – 1 year
- Pay stubs – save 1 years’ worth to check against W-2 then dispose
- Cancelled personal checks – 1 year unless needed for taxes, warranty, or insurance
Keep 3 Years:
- Expired insurance policies
Keep 7 Years:
- Investment account summaries, particularly if there are gains and losses
- Tax returns and supporting papers
- Trusts, deeds, auto titles and wills
- Estate planning
- Medical history details
- Social Security and pension documents
Don’t miss out on this perfect opportunity to have your paper-based documents safely shredded. Spread the word and let's make sure our community stays safe from identity theft. See you there!